May Day 2022: Labour Day is another name of the May Day which is also called International Workers Day. Every year the day is celebrated on the 1st of May over 80 countries across the world.
International Workers Day is the international holiday that is observed on the 1st of May every year. So this year the day celebrating around the world. Million of people are searching online for May Day 2022 Theme, Wishes, Quotes, Images to celebrate the day.
May Day 2022
International Workers Day is the international holiday that is observed on the 1st of May every year. Every year the day celebrates to dedicated to the working class and encourages and also to be conscious of their rights. The day is not only celebrated in Bangladesh, India, the USA, UK but also in over 80 countries around the world.
May Day 2022 Theme for International Workers Day, Labour Day
As we know that, May Day is celebrated every year on the 1st of May. On that day, the organizer also set new theme each year. Last year’s May Day theme was not announced.
But, this year May Day 2022 Theme is “maintaining safety and security at the workplace” to raise awareness about the Coronavirus pandemic”.
Quotes, Wishes for May Day
- The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others: Mahatma Gandhi
- The miracle is not that we do this work, but that we are happy to do it: Mother Teresa
- Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work: Aristotle
- Nothing ever comes to one that is worth having except as a result of hard work: Booker T. Washington
- Genius is 1% inspiration and 99% perspiration: Thomas Edison
- Find something you love to do, and you’ll never have to work a day in your life: Harvey Mackay
- Without labour, nothing prospers: Sophocles
- Dare to be honest and fear no labour: Robert Burns
- Nothing will work unless you do: Maya Angelou
History and significance of May Day
May Day traces its origin to the labour union movement in the United States in the 19th century. The Marxist International Socialist Congress adopted a resolution in 1889 stating that employees should not be forced to work for more than eight hours a day. Following that, it became an annual event.
It was declared for the workers in Paris and France to dedicate May 1, every year, as the ‘Workers Day of International Unity and Solidarity.
In 1884, the American Federation of Organized Trades and Labor Unions called for an eight-hour workday. This led to a general strike and the Haymarket (Chicago) Riot, which finally led to the implementation of the eight-hour workday regulation in many countries throughout the world.
(The above news first appeared on Ogro News on May 1, 2022, at 12:03 PM BST – Bangladesh Standard Time. For more news on Education, Technology, Entertainment, Sports, Festivals, Celebrities, Lifestyle, and Trending News, so bookmark our news portal OgroNews.com. Also, like our official Facebook Page, and Follow us on Twitter at @ogronewsbd).